Friday, August 27, 2010

A Mourning Routine Can Help You Lose Weight And Better Your Life

So after my cheat day I feel a little sluggish.  Don’t get me wrong I had a good time while I was there and enjoyed all the food.  It was just a long day, too much junk food and too many beers.  All afternoon at the baseball game and then watching the Packers run all over the Colts.  So today will be a day that I get back on track.  This post is not really about “Calories to Lose Weight”, but it is something that really helped me.

A few months I had a real hard time getting up in the morning.  My bed just felt way too comfortable.  I also have been doing martial arts for a while now.  So what does this have in common?  Doing some research on the best stretching methods, the best way to obtain what the book called “instant flexibility” is to do dynamic stretching in the morning.  My problem was this getting up early enough to do this.

So what I started doing one day was as soon as the alarm went off I jumped right out of bed and got dressed the instant I got up.   I laid out clothes out the night before.  I then throw some cold water on my face and use a certain breathing technique to make me more alert.  After about 2 or 3 minutes I start feeling more energized and start doing my dynamic stretching.

I originally started doing this to be more flexible but in the process I found that it much more than that for me.  I felt more energetic and focused throughout the day.  I also noticed that after a couple of weeks I started lose some more weight. 

Another huge benefit I noticed was it gave me time to plan my day.  After I did 10 minutes of dynamic stretching I did another ten minutes of static stretching.  During this time I thought about my day and what I wanted to accomplish.  I pictured completing each task being done.  I also pictured my actual workout later in the day saw how hard I was working out.  I saw the meals that I was going to eat and imaged how much I enjoyed it and how thankful I was for all the energy that the meal provided for me. 

After doing this for a few weeks I found that I was getting more done.  I was more efficient.  I was exercises harder through my workouts and was less sore the following day.  It also seemed like I had more free time.  Who would have thought by getting up 30 minutes early and doing this routine would do so much.  It helped in every area of my life.  I urge that you come up with your own morning routine.  I also recommend an evening routine as well.  This can do wonders for anything in your life you want to improve.

One more diet tip before I leave.  Make sure that you consume some type of protein after you complete the workout.  The usually recommendation for the majority of people is 20 grams of protein.   This will also help you control your hunger throughout the day.

Thanks for reading

David Renier.

No comments:

Post a Comment