Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pre-Meals One Secret To Weight Loss

Here is a technique that I used when I first started dieting.  This technique did help me lose weight but more importantly it helped me acquire a taste for vegetables and taught portion control with my meals.  The one nice thing about it is no calorie counting.  You do not even need to know your calories to lose weight.

What I did was 15 - 30 minutes before I sat down for a meal I ate one piece fruit, ½ cup of vegetables, 10 almonds and drank a glass of water.  Then when it was time for my meal, the first thing that I ate was my protein portion of the meal.  Remember you should consume high quality protein with each meal.

The reason why you wait 15 to 30 minutes before eating your meal is because it takes time for your body to tell your brain that it is full.  That is one reason you may overeat.  Another reason you may overeat is because you body is looking for certain nutrients.  And when you don’t get these nutrients your brain keeps telling you to eat.  A lot of times you will not even be hungry after eating the fruits, veggies and nuts.

By the time you get done eating the protein you are usually full and stop eating.  One last thought when eating.  Make sure that you chew each bite of food 30 times.  This does not only give your body more time to tell the brain that it is full it also helps with the digestion of the food.  You will receive more energy from the foods that you eat.  Not only that, it will allow you to concentrate on the actual food when eating.  This will actually make you food taste better.

Over time your brain will make a connection that this amount of food will satisfy your hunger.  So if you skip the pre-meal one day then when you eat your actual meal your brain will automatically tell you that you are full.   I call this my subconscious portion control.  Try it out and see for yourself.

In order for this to be effective you do need to follow this routine for 3 to 4weeks consistently.  After that you brain has made that connection.  You can continue this technique if you like but it is not necessary.  You just trained you mind to eat in a completely different way.

If your interested in other dieting tips make sure you check out the Diet For Abs blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment