Thursday, August 26, 2010

Calories And Cheat Days

As part of this blog I am going to be recording some of my meals, workouts and diet plans.  I know that this sounds bad, seeing this is the first day that I am posting on the blog, but I am going to be honest.  Today is going to be a cheat day.  I believe that when figuring out your calories to lose weight, you need to include a cheat day or meal at least once a week.
It’s my companies annual baseball outing.  So I am probably going to have at least 1 cheeseburger with onions, mayo and mustard, one brat, and probably 6 beers.  I know that this is not the healthiest meal but hey it’s a cheat day.  But I will still be OK overall if you average all my calories.
I guess the important thing that I really cheat like this rarely.  I actually have different types of cheat days.  Some are just one meal and others, like holidays, I eat whatever I want.  The amazing thing is that even I those cheat days I do not eat as much as I used to.  It all has to do with the times and quantity that I am accustomed to eating now.   I will explain more about this tomorrow.
In short I wanted to tell you that it is OK to cheat on your diet once in a while.  In fact I believe that it is almost necessary to do so.  Your body does not like change.  If you consume too little calories for too long your body will actually slow your metabolism to maintain its weight.  Again, more on this tomorrow.  If you can’t wait then you may want to take a look at the Diet For Abs blog.  There is a lot of good info here.


See you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment